What's Left of Maplewood (MN)

We can't draw, so we are left with verbal cartoons about Maplewood city politics.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Caught Sneaking Out

I've been caught! Someone told me yesterday that it was observed that I slipped out of Monday's city council meeting a little after 11:00. So I may as well come clean and admit it.

I confess, I was exhausted after a day of heavy box-lifting at work, I hadn't had any dinner (unless you count the tiny bag of Fritos and a handful of candy from the vending machines in the hall -- which for some reason everyone at the meeting seemed determined to ask me to share!), and I was still getting over that nasty cold that put me out of commission a couple days after the last council meeting. I realized my vision was just swimming as I tried to pay attention to a powerpoint presentation, so I may as well head home, since the curfew had been waived and, judging from the remaining agenda items, it looked like it might be hours before everyone went home.

My one regret was that I knew our Hjellebear had added an item to council presentations, something about taxes, and I figured that might be fun. DrawnLeftward, who was watching from home, tells me it was actually about the former mayor's property taxes.

Did I miss any other thrilling developments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home